For Families, Parents & Children
The following information is for parents. Please contact our office for assistance with any questions or problems you may have.
Learn more about the House of Representatives' nation-wide high school arts competition that I sponsor in the Middle and Southwest Georgia.
Birth certificates, marriage certificates, and death certificates are available through the Georgia office of vital statistics.
I run an internship program accepting college students interested in learning about the operations of a Congressional office. In addition to general office support, interns assist my staff with constituent services, Capitol tours, and light research. Interns are also encouraged to attend hearings, lectures, and seminars available in Congress and around the Hill.
Resources for district residents who are seeking employment.
Each member of Congress, either in the House of Representatives or the Senate, is allowed a total of five appointees in each service academy. For each vacancy, I am allowed to nominate ten individuals. Learn more about the Military Academy nominations process.
Learn about the process of locating and applying for financial aid.
For those constituents visiting the Washington D.C. area, I am pleased to offer this information on local tours and points of interest. My office can also help you make arrangements for some of the more popular Federal attractions in our Nation's Capital.
Other resources for Families, Parents, and Children
- Information on Medicaid
- Information on Medicaid in Georgia
- Information on Food Stamps; Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Information on Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Nutrition Programs
- Georgia Application Process for Food Stamps (SNAP)
- Georgia Application Process for WIC Programs
- Georgia Adoption Services
- Georgia Foster Care Services
- Georgia After-School Services
- Missing Children of Georgia
- Additional Information on Georia Family and Children Focused Services
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: Parents and Teachers (GPO)
- Kids Health and Safety; Kids.gov
- CIA Parents and Teachers Pages
- CDC Health Websites for Kids
- EPA Drinking Water & Ground Water Kids' Stuff
- FEMA For Kids Resouces For Parents and Teachers (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
- Kids in the House Information For Teachers
- Kids Privacy: For Parents (FTC)
- Kids Privacy: For Teachers (FTC)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Kids Pages
- National Institute of Health Children's Health Page for Parents
- Health & Human Services Families Page
- Veteran Affairs Kids Teachers' Page
- Additional resources (including consumer protection, disaster preparedness, and unclaimed property)
See also: Resources for students.