Congressman Sanford Bishop

Representing the 2nd District of Georgia

Agency Help

One of the most important things I do as a Member of Congress is Casework, or helping people with problems involving a federal agency. Although I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, or direct an agency to decide a matter in your favor, I can often intervene on your behalf to answer questions, find solutions, and ensure that you are treated fairly.

In order to better serve you, this form will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail to my office.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

If this is an emergency, please contact one of our district offices

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.

Authorization Form

*indicates information that you need to provide.

In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, I give Congressman Sanford Bishop authority to act on my behalf.

Your Information

What are these options?
This is to help the constituents that are hard of hearing or use a video phone alert us to that fact so we can use the proper technology when we need to call them. The default option “Voice” is a normal audible telephone.

Nature of Problem

Print This Form

Use the Generate Request button to produce the document to authorize my office to help you. Then sign it and mail it to the address shown on the document. Please include any other documents or material that you think would help my office help you.

Below you will find a list of agencies that I can help you with. Click on the agency name to visit its Web site:

Department of Education
Student Loans, Financial Aid Applications

Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
Digital TV Transition

Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Disaster Assistance and Emergency Preparedness

Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Fair Housing Rules, Affordable Housing

Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)
Citizenship and Permanent Residency, Immigration Forms

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
Tax Forms, Taxpayer Assistance

Department of Labor
Family and Medical Leave Act, COBRA Coverage, Pensions

Eligibility and Benefits, Medicare, Medicaid, Childrens Health Insurance

Military/Department of Defense
Military Pay Scales, TRICARE Benefits, Enlistment Opportunities, Deployment Listings

Military Spouse Employment Partnership
Employment Opportunities for Military Spouses

Office of Personnel Management
Federal Employees and Employment Opportunities

Postal Service
Mail Delivery Problems, Postal Rates

Social Security Administration
Social Security Eligibility and Benefits

State Department
Passports, Visas, Travel Warnings

Veterans Administration
VA Hospitals and Facilities, Veterans Benefits

**Please note that I am unable to assist in cases involving the state and local government. For assistance with cases of this nature, please contact you state senator or representative, or your local government.