One of the most important things I do as a Member of Congress is Casework, or helping people with problems involving a federal agency. Although I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, or direct an agency to decide a matter in your favor, I can often intervene on your behalf to answer questions, find solutions, and ensure that you are treated fairly.
In order to better serve you, this form will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail to my office.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- GA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.
* indicates information that you need to provide.
Below you will find a list of agencies that I can help you with. Click on the agency name to visit its Web site:
Department of Education
Student Loans, Financial Aid Applications
Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
Digital TV Transition
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Disaster Assistance and Emergency Preparedness
Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Fair Housing Rules, Affordable Housing
Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)
Citizenship and Permanent Residency, Immigration Forms
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
Tax Forms, Taxpayer Assistance
Department of Labor
Family and Medical Leave Act, COBRA Coverage, Pensions
Eligibility and Benefits, Medicare, Medicaid, Childrens Health Insurance
Military/Department of Defense
Military Pay Scales, TRICARE Benefits, Enlistment Opportunities, Deployment Listings
Military Spouse Employment Partnership
Employment Opportunities for Military Spouses
Office of Personnel Management
Federal Employees and Employment Opportunities
Mail Delivery Problems, Postal Rates
Social Security Administration
Social Security Eligibility and Benefits
Passports, Visas, Travel Warnings
VA Hospitals and Facilities, Veterans Benefits
**Please note that I am unable to assist in cases involving the state and local government. For assistance with cases of this nature, please contact you state senator or representative, or your local government.